|Association for Evaluation and Accreditation of Engineering Programs (MÜDEK), is a non-governmental organization operating for the purpose of contributing to the enhancement of quality of engineering education in Turkey by means of the accreditation and evaluation of and providing information services for engineering education programs in different disciplines.
MÜDEK was initially established with a name Engineering Evaluation Board as an independent, non-governmental platform in 2002 by the Engineering Deans Council (MDK), which is formed by the deans of faculties administering engineering education programs in Turkey and TRNC, in order to prepare and conduct a comprehensive program for the evaluation of engineering undergraduate programs run by these faculties. MÜDEK became an association in 2007.
Except MÜDEK administrative staff, indivuduals participate in MÜDEK boards, committees, working groups, and accreditation evaluation teams work on voluntary basis without any pay.
- started the evaluation of engineering programs in 2003;
- became a member of ENAEE (European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education) on 26 November 2006;
- gained its legal entity by transforming into a non-governmental organization on January 25, 2007 with a name Association for Evaluation and Accreditation of Engineering Programs, however retaining its acronymMÜDEK;
- recognized by the Higher Education Council (YÖK) of Turkey as the National Quality Assurance Agency in accrediting engineering programs on November 16, 2007 for five years and this recognition is renewed for another five years on February 01, 2013;
- authorized by ENAEE to award EUR-ACE Label to undergraduate engineering programs that it will accredit starting from January 21, 2009 and this authorization is renewed on October 16, 2013 until December 31, 2018;
- became a Provisional Signatory of Washington Accord of IEA (International Engineering Alliance) on June 25, 2010, and
- became a Full Member Signatory of Washington Accord of IEA on June 15, 2011.
MÜDEK's mission is to contribute to enhancing the quality of engineering education in Turkey by means of the accreditation and evaluation of and providing information services for engineering education programs in different disciplines. Thus, MÜDEK aims at graduating better educated and qualified engineers in order to advance the welfare of the society.